Saturday, October 10, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Is this not the hottest front row ever?
Christopher Bailey used amazing pastels in his new Burberry Prorsum collection today sky blue, mint green, lemon and baby pink.My fav is the new spin on the classic trench below with the baby pink and detailed shoulders.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Friday, December 12, 2008
>MAC in See She $35
>Estee Lauder in Rich Red $42
Monday, December 8, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
The prize pool naturally gets bigger and better every year, but, we have to pay homage to one woman who paved the way for today’s fashion race culture, English model Jean Shrimpton.
In 1965, Shrimpton caused a sensation in Melbourne, when she arrived for the Victoria Derby race during Melbourne Cup week. She shocked everybody by wearing a daring white shift dress which ended 10 centimetres above her knees, accompanied by no hat, stockings or gloves. Shrimpton is the forerunner of the miniskirt which has since become a worldwide craze.
In 2008 although dress codes still apply nothing was shocking about the last of the MYER Fashions on the Field competition. It has wrapped up with both the National Women's Racewear and Milliner Award competitions. Shona Cowell Crown Oaks Daily Winner, Sarah Schofield AAMI Victoria Derby Day Winner, and the Emirates Melbourne Cup Day Winner, Kirsty MacGillivray competed to become the MYER Fashions on the Field Victorian representative. Kirsty MacGillivray was awarded this honour after parading her winning outfit.
Friday, November 7, 2008
- Model Co Tan In A Can $45- the original and probably the best gives the best colour but can be messy so do this in your shower OR wear medical gloves and spray it into your hands in a big pool and apply like a cream tan.
- Ella Bache Cream Tan $40-Gives amazing/ natural colour but you need to put time aside for this one as it takes time to dry
- Benefit Jiffy Tan $50- this product is the BEST its not actually a permanent fake tan but the ones that you apply and wash off with soap and water. It goes on so easily and gives the best colour and can be done right before you go out and you wont get that fake tan smell. It sets immediatly and wont rub off on clothing. great when you feel lazy
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Carolyn Bessette Kennedy was born in Jan 1966 in Westchester County New York. She studied at Boston University and work for Calvin Klein store in Boston. After moving to New York City she became a publicist for Calvin dressing many of his celebrity clients. It was there that she met Jonh F Kennedy Jr son of the famous JFK and style icon Jackie Onasis.Carolyn was a style icon known for her blonde hair, red lips and simple yet stylish dressing and was a favourite of the New York paparazzi. On July 16 1999 after taking off from a small aiport with John and her sister their plane crashed into the ocean with all three of them loosing their lives.
However her beautiful grace and style will live on and be copied for many years to come.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Its melbourne cup day tommorrow 'the race that stops the nation' and its time to get your bets in and your hats ready. Facinators can be quit expensive but if you shop around you can find some great bargins as well as that you can buy kits to make your own from Spotlight/ Lincraft.
Kate Waterhouse daughter of the famous trainer Gai Waterhouse always looks amazing at the races. Her hot tips for tommorrow are as follows.
c. Good Luck
Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Keira Knightly looked stunning recently at one of her premiers of The Dutches wearing Chanel. What pulled off this look was her beautiful smoky eyes and bold black eyeliner.
Black eyeliner can be a hard look to master and practise makes perfect. A great trick is keeping the eye open instead of pulling it out flat which can cause you to get a large gap between your lash line and the liner.Just lighly draw little flicks as close to the lash line as possible. If the line is not completly perfect just use an cotton tip to smudge over it. For a bolder look do the bottom lashes as well either all the way along for a very smoky look like kiera or just 3/4 of the way in to open up the eye area.
Some great liners I would recommend
- Clinique Quick Eyes $34 in Dark Chocolate or Really Black, is so nice and smooth glides on so easily and stays.
- Lancome $40 very bold and black but not so great for the bottom as the bold colour can smudge
- Clarins $34 so butter soft that it comes out like a dream but the softer liners can be harder the master but worth it
- Mac Liquid liner $34 have heard great things about this little baby app it stays the day
- Chi Chi $15 these liners are cheap fixes and come in amazing colours if you want to try a smoky look with a dark charcole blue instead
- Channel $40ish this is very conveinant as it winds up and you loose the hassel of sharpening.