Keira Knightly looked stunning recently at one of her premiers of The Dutches wearing Chanel. What pulled off this look was her beautiful smoky eyes and bold black eyeliner.
Black eyeliner can be a hard look to master and practise makes perfect. A great trick is keeping the eye open instead of pulling it out flat which can cause you to get a large gap between your lash line and the liner.Just lighly draw little flicks as close to the lash line as possible. If the line is not completly perfect just use an cotton tip to smudge over it. For a bolder look do the bottom lashes as well either all the way along for a very smoky look like kiera or just 3/4 of the way in to open up the eye area.
Some great liners I would recommend
- Clinique Quick Eyes $34 in Dark Chocolate or Really Black, is so nice and smooth glides on so easily and stays.
- Lancome $40 very bold and black but not so great for the bottom as the bold colour can smudge
- Clarins $34 so butter soft that it comes out like a dream but the softer liners can be harder the master but worth it
- Mac Liquid liner $34 have heard great things about this little baby app it stays the day
- Chi Chi $15 these liners are cheap fixes and come in amazing colours if you want to try a smoky look with a dark charcole blue instead
- Channel $40ish this is very conveinant as it winds up and you loose the hassel of sharpening.